Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Loads of Progress!!

Loads of Progress!!
We are making progress loads of it, one load at a time to the garage sale, which so far has been more successful than I thought it would be. We are going to keep it going through summer with new stuff being added all the time. It is all very exciting and exhausting at the same time. We have gone through two rounds of shedding and there are more to come. It comes in waves when I feel the momentum slowing down I search out others who have gone before me on blogs, pintrest, Facebook and just plain old Google searches. I never lose the desire of the adventure that is a deep burning and will not die easily, it is the, what I need to do from point A {right here and now} to point B {The Adventure} that is overwhelming and brings negative thought at times. Don't worry it never last long.

So with all this progress there have been many positives. I would like to share a few.

#1~ LESS STRESS:
It comes in the form of less clutter. I am still in the process as you  know of shedding the non-essentials so we still have clutter, but it way less than it was just a month or even a couple weeks ago. Less stuff to pick up, less stuff to walk over, less stuff to wash! This makes me a happy Mama.
I feel lighter physically and mentally. As I mentioned before we have an ongoing garage sale, at first it was a cause of anxiety when people were looking at my things (Storm is the main salesman on purpose) but as people came and bought things it was almost like they were carrying off a little piece of my stress away with them. 
A huge plus the dishes take hardly anytime at all to wash and put away because we have so few. This can also be a down side because you can't skip on doing dishes when you are feeling lazy.

#2~ SAVING MONEY:
Because we are getting rid of stuff I certainly don't want to add to it. I can confidently sort of  walk by stuff at the store or even online and tell myself, I don't need it. BAM I just saved money. OK it's not easy but I am sure it will get easier. There are things that we do need but I am trying to keep spending very limited and only make wise choices in the things we do purchase.
Thanks to fulltimefamilies.com  book "How to Hit the Road Making your family's full-time RV Dreams A Reality" an awesome resource they have given me many great ideas, one of them that I have written on my whiteboard above my desk. two things pertaining to money and spending helping me keep it in check.

#1: Will it fit in an RV? (If it does fit then precede to #2)
#2: Do I want it more than I want my family Adventure or to eat lunch with my kids on a warm sandy beach?

I am actually going to make a laminated card that says just that to fit in my wallet so I will always have that reminder.

Confession: I recently purchase a skirt at a festival from www.lilskirs.com super cute!
My justification:  It is a space saver two skirts in one and adjustable so if I gain or lose weight it will still fit. Last it is quality made so it will last a long time. =)

#3 GREATER APPRECIATION: 
I am not saying that before I didn't appreciate what I had. What I am saying is that those things are not taking up space in my life anymore. I don't have to worry about them where to keep it, if i should dust it or anything else people do with stuff. It leaves more space in my life to enjoy what God has given me, My family, and the beautiful world around me.

The Journey continues.

I found a blog on one of my late night Pintrest binges,  www.livingwellspendingless.com has a 31 day challenge you can find here http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/31-days/livingwellspendingzero/ 
called 31 days of living Well & spending Zero.

We are doing this!!

We haven't officially started but I kind of  already have started doing some of the things she suggest. she even has worksheets to assist in the process. We will officially start when Storm comes home from his two week hitch at work so we can discuss it, I am sure he will be on board. We will discuss ground rules and involve the kids. It's going to be great.

I will try and keep you updated but I challenge you to do it yourself.

~Rebeka








No comments:

Post a Comment