Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Let Me Tell You About Us: Storm


Let me tell you about Us: Storm
by Storm

My name is Storm Heames. Born in the small town of Soldotna, Alaska and raised in the even smaller town of Kasilof a few miles down the road.
 My parents were a couple of relocated Californian hippies (they've gotten better) so I may have been born with the traveling bug. My grandparents on my father’s side were also avid travelers and would drive up from San Diego every other summer and over to Wisconsin regularly. I spent my summers as a kid working some of the local farms and commercial fishing. We had a set-net site in Bristol Bay and I would work the cannery loading docks in Kasilof. In that sort of migratory worker environment I was able to meet people from all over the country which certainly bolstered the wanderlust I was already harboring as a child of a small town.
 After high school I traveled around a bit, worked for a year as a framer building ski resort condos, and spent a year working across Arizona as a door to door salesman before coming back to Soldotna and working as a used car salesman on a buddy's lot. I went to work in the oilfields of the north slope in 2000 and have been there ever since working a 2x2. For those unfamiliar with the term it means that I work for two weeks then get two weeks off, essentially a years vacation every month.



I married my lovely wife Rebeka in March of 2003 after a whirlwind romance of 6 months. She already had one beautiful daughter ,Isis that was 5 when we started dating and our first son,River was to arrive soon after getting married(March of 2005, the day before my birthday, best present ever!) and an unexpected blessing three years later in the form of a second son we named Atticus.





Bucket list:
Walk on the sky walk over the Grand Canyon 
Sky Dive
Learn to use a sextant (navigational tool)
Go through the Panama Canal
Sailing south China Sea



What the family says:
Rebeka: God knew what he was doing when he put us together. I don't think there is anyone else on this earth that would put up with me and still love me like Storm does. He is an amazing father & husband and provider for his family 
Isis: appreciate the time he spends with me like when we change the fuel pump in my car together.
River: Dad is fun to play with.
Atticus: He tells us cool stuff.





Next Biography to come: 
Isis 

No comments:

Post a Comment