Search This Blog

Sunday, April 6, 2014

I did it! I made a Summer Schedule.

I did it! I made a Summer Schedule.

As I sit here we have 32 more school days until summer vacation. I am going to do "summer school" what it really is will be us getting used to the idea of us becoming a family that home-schools. I want to be ready and I am a planner by nature so today I decided I was going to stop reading what I need to be doing and start doing it.

I have already collected most of our summer curriculum Math, grammar, writing books, and today I made a reading list. I also discovered an amazing site that I used for not only the books I chose but a great unit study on scientist and inventors! 

I hesitate to put times on the schedule because with the long summer days in Alaska it is hard to have a normal scheduled life. We tend to stay up way to late just because the Sun is up all night and all day! Also if the boys need more time to do certain subjects I will give it to them.So what I would like to happen is what I will put down. I am sure the first week or so will bring along change and adjusting times to suit our lives in the midnight sun.


So here it is:
Wake up/ Breakfast/morning snuggles (my favorite part of every day.)

10am Bible
10:30 Math
11:00 Language/Grammar
11:30 Writing/ cursive writing for River/ typing 
12:00 Independent reading (their choice)

12:15 Lunch
1:00 Reading from our book list
1:40 Inventors /Scientist
2:15 Art/crafts/Science experiments

FREE TIME ENJOY SUMMER!!!

Depending when we decide to come inside we will do more reading in the evening after baths and on rainy days. 

The books I chose to read together:
We may or may not get through all of them. 

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe 
Mr Poppers Penguins
Treasure Island
The Wind in the Willows
Journey to the center of the Earth


2 comments:

  1. Do you have all the books on your together reading, book list already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we do Stacy. I ordered from a used book store so they are a really great price.

    ReplyDelete