Search This Blog

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Let me tell you about us: Rebeka

Let me tell you about us: Rebeka



I thought I would write a short biography about each of us starting with me just because I can write about me without having to track anyone down to answer questions.

So I guess I will start when and where my life began. I was born in 1977 in Syracuse New York. I grew up for the most part in Solvay New York. I was in Girl scouts and sold hundreds and hundreds of girls scout cookies. I went to girl scout camp as well as co ed summer camps. My Mother took me camping and My Uncle Vic's farm was a favorite spot to go during the long summer days.He always had lots of food and the adventures we could find were endless there. My Dad who is in the car painting business took us to countless classic car shows that I looked forward to every summer so I could spend time with my dad and collect pins at the markets they had there. I still love classic cars to this day and I still have all my pins I collected. I have two older brothers that came with friends they all seemed to be OK with treating me like a little sister which mostly means being annoying and tormenting me when ever they felt the urge. I enjoyed riding my bike all over Solvay hills without worrying to much; we roamed freely as kids and I love that we had that opportunity. I had the worlds best Grandparents that I spent almost every weekend with. I have many fond memories of my childhood. I probably could write all day about what I remember but I will spare you.

Me at my grandmothers about 4 years old.


I moved to Alaska when I was 12. I lived there for about a year and then moved back to New York. I moved around a few times with my father before settling in Lakeland. I was a... well... let just say spunky teen so I moved a few more times while attending 3 different high schools before moving back to Alaska when I was 17.  I graduated from high school with a scholarship in Art. I was in Love and had a beautiful little baby girl  8 months later that I named Isis. <3 





Skipping ahead a little, I met an Amazing wonderful man named Storm when Isis was 5 and we decided we wanted to spend forever together. We eloped in March 2003 then had a ceremony in N.Y. in 2004. I am so thankful God put us together because I couldn't be happier or more grateful for our little family we have together. We had River in 2005 and added Dojo 6 months later who happens to be the same age as River, then we had our surprise baby Atticus in 2008. We added Rex to our family in 2012 around November so he is the youngest of the family and the most energetic by far.






Atticus 5 and River 9


Atticus 4, Dojo and River 8

Rex 1



Now I have had my fair share of mistakes and lessons learned I am a human. I could say that I regret things but really I am thankful for what I have been through. It has made me who I am and I can't change the past so I choose to learn from it. I am sober going on 4 years. I had a hard fall in 2010 and made up my mind in an instant that I would change my life and live it to the fullest. I have worked hard and part of that included my running. I believe that my running has not only kept me sober but it has helped me become stronger in many areas of my life. I have ran many many 5 k's and 10k's 5 half marathons and one full marathon. 

Running in Homer, Alaska Eastend Rd.

 
Just some of my awards

Some things I am proud of: Being a loving mom, Being a wife and being able to say we have worked through some really tough stuff and made it work and better than before, owning my own successful business, running a marathon, being brave enough to follow our dreams, and many other things but I will leave it at that. 

I plan on living to the fullest I have been given a second chance and I don't want to waste it. there are some things I want to do, try, learn before I die the list is small now but I plan to keep adding to it until I can't add to it anymore.  

my list of things I want to do (not in any particular order):
-Snorkel
-live in a RV and travel with my kids
-learn to ride a motorcycle
-go to Europe
-meet my sweet niece Misha
-swim in and see crystal clear ocean water
-learn to ride horse
-climb a mountain
-own one or several classic cars
-learn to not be a backseat driver
-Celebrate 10,20,30 years sobriety
and many more things to come


What the family says:

(Here is a little section I thought I would add to the end of each mini bio. just for fun.) 

What Storm Says: "That you're the dreamer that keeps us going to new places"
What Isis says: "If you unground me by Monday I will tell you something nice"
What River says: "You're pretty and I like it best when you make me peanut butter honey sandwiches"
What Atticus says: "I like it when you are nice to me and I especially like it when you let me play minecraft"


Next Biography to come:
Storm


No comments:

Post a Comment