Search This Blog

Saturday, March 1, 2014

We Are Going For It!!

We Are Going For It!

We have been thinking and talking and dreaming for a long time. We have talked hundreds of times about moving. We have talked about where we would like to move, what climate we would most enjoy, what things we could do when we move, and how far it is from family and friends we don’t get to see often enough because of our current location.


On Storms last 2 week hitch home we came to a mutual Dream that we feel we are willing to make a reality. We talked it over for the majority of his time home each time getting more and more excited that we were really going to go for it.


So you are probably wondering what that dream is.  Well we have decided to downsize, sell our stuff, sell our house and buy a motor home to travel the lower 48 with our 2 boys and our 2 dogs all while homeschooling. I have been reading and researching every free moment I get about homeschooling, downsizing, selling the house, how to organize in small spaces and reading success stories about families who have done the same and more. I have a few awesome friends that have experience that have been helping me out along the way too. 

I believe this is something all of us are willing to work hard to accomplish including the boys who have been a part of all the discussing, Isis will most likely be staying in Alaska for college. There are so many changes I get a little scared if I think too hard about what we have to do but, I will tell you not as afraid as I was to let the cat out of the bag. I was afraid to tell my friends because I thought they would think I was crazy but most of all I was afraid to tell my Mom. My Mom is the only family I have in Alaska and I would be leaving her ,what I felt like, alone and I was afraid to disappoint her. So when I decided to make the phone call  I braced myself to hear disappointment or sadness on the other end I wasn't sure but I was preparing myself. To my surprise and delight she was quite the opposite. She listened carefully to what I had to say and in the end she was supportive and even excited for us.  So now with that hurdle jumped onto the next.


We have made a tentative time frame to get things going. If all things go as planned which they seldom do, but I am being hopeful and positive, we should be starting our journey by end of summer 2015. Starting right away will be the preparations. We are prepared for challenges and for it to not always be like a vacation but It will definitely be an Adventure that we will not forget.
I plan on journaling and keeping those who want to know about what we are doing up to date on our progress starting with the downsizing and selling the junk.


IF you have encouraging words or advice on homeschooling, downsizing and selling a home or anything I have mentioned above I would love to hear it.







1 comment:

  1. Hi Rebeka,
    Thank you for sharing your roadschooling journey with us, from the very beginning. I have read many different roadschooling blogs over the years, but you do not always get to see how families prepare, prior to hitting the road. I am looking forward to reading more of these types of blog entries. I also wanted to let you know, that I am going to go ahead and included your blog, on my Roadschooling blogroll via a Roadschooling page that I have on Facebook called, Roadschooling - Families Homeschooling on the Road ( https://www.facebook.com/RoadschoolingFamilies).
    I hope that you will come and stop by ;)

    ReplyDelete