Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chocolate Truffles to Run For!!!!

I decided to give the Chocolate Truffle recipe using Advocare Muscle Gain a try to bring for a treat after my running date with my buddies tomorrow. It is very simple and OH SOOO Delicious!!!!  I want to try to make these for my long runs while training for my marathon so I can eat them while I run. Maybe make them smaller and freeze them so they will be stiff and easier to transport. Still thinking on that one if you have any ideas let me know!   I am going to try a different one next time it is slightly different but just as healthy I will post that one too in case you want to try it =) 




 Chocolate Advocare Muscle Gain Truffles

Put a little healthy in your treats! 
Makes approx. 16 Truffles 
Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter or margarine 
3 Tbsp of Honey
2- 1.46oz packets Chocolate Muscle Gain or 4 slightly rounded scoops from canister
1/3 cup finely chopped pecans 

Directions:
1. Melt butter and honey together in a saucepan over low heat 
2. Pour mixture of honey and butter into a mixing bowl
3. Add Muscle Gain Powder
4. Beat Thoroughly 
5. Shape into one-inch round balls 
6. Roll into pecans ( I rolled a few in cocoa powder YUM!)
7. Place on a plate
8. Chill until ready to serve

Recipe 2  (I will make this one at a future running date) 

Advocare

 Muscle Truffles


Basic Ingredients:
1 C Peanut Butter
1 C Chocolate or Vanilla Advocare Muscle Gain Powder
1 C Honey


    Mix all the above together and then add:

 4 C total of any of the below ingredients.  Be Creative!!!
Old Fashioned 
Oats
Sunflower 
Seeds 
Pumpkin Seeds                                    
(toasted)
Chopped Pecans
Chopped Almonds
Chopped Peanuts
Granola
Raisins
Dried Cranberries
Oat Bran
Flax Seeds (whole or grounded)
  1. Add more honey if too stiff or more oats if too goopy.
  2. You don’t want the truffles to be so sticky that they won’t hold their shape
  3. Roll into about 1 inch balls.
  4. Stack in a storage container in layers with wax paper in between each layer
  5. Refrigerate or freeze truffles



                                              www.midnightsunhealthandwealth.com

No comments:

Post a Comment