Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Favorite Snack

New favorite Healthy Snack
High in fiber 
Good source of protein 

I am on a mission to find snack things that keep our family eating healthy. Searching around I found 
Roasted Chickpeas

I tried my own spice mix using garlic, onion powder, oil  and some salt and pepper and a few other things I thought would be tasty. 


Make sure you drain and dry them well
I drained and towel dried the chickpeas from a can.
 I am going to find some dried ones and  try doing the soaking and canning myself in the future. 

  
I mixed the oil and spices I chose in a Medium sized bowl


Coat the chickpeas and spread them on a cooking sheet lined with a mat or foil


Bake them in a 400 degree oven for 40 to 50 minutes
and Voila!!


Done and 10 minutes later......


Gone!
( I had help)

Here are some other spice combinations
*Honey Cinnamon 
1 15 oz. Can Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed (or 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans)
1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Canola or Vegetable Oil
1 Tbsp Honey


*Soy sauce, Sesame oil, Chili Powder
*Maple Syrup, Apple Cider Vinegar, Nutmeg, Ginger, Cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment